Obtaining and renewal of residence permits in Turkey.
Buying a property in Turkey gives the owner the right to obtain a residence permit, which can be prolonged on expiry if the need arises.
A real property’s direct owner’s immediate family (mother and father), children who have not yet reached the age of majority, and spouses can obtain the residence permit along with him or her.
Starting from April 2015, to submit documents for the residence permit based on owning real estate, it is necessary to obtain a rendezvous on the Migration Service’s site.
To do this, you need to prepare and scan the following documents:
- Medical insurance in Turkey (The private health insurance must cover the intended residence permit duration);
- DASK policy – the compulsory property insurance against earthquake;
- An extract from a Turkish bank on the availability in an account of the amount of US$ 500 per person per month. That is, to obtain a residence permit for a year one person needs to have an account at a Turkish bank at least US$ 6,000. It is also possible to deposit an equivalent amount in Euros or Turkish Liras;
- 4 biometric photographs;
- Tapu (Title Deed);
- A fresh extract from the Tapu Office that the housing still belongs to you;
- Your foreign passport (pages containing your photo and identity information, pages where the last entry into the country is registered);
- Turkish tax number.